This is an easy, delicious salad full of crunchy vegetables and a sweet Thai dressing. You can easily swap out the veggies for what you have on hand. I will top with Costco rotisserie chicken and some sesame seeds. I tend to like less dressing, so if you like more heavy dressing, I recommend you make double and add to taste – can keep extra in fridge for a marinade or leftovers!
THAI PEANUT DRESSING
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2½ tablespoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoon ginger paste (or fresh ginger chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 3 cups chopped Napa cabbage or shredded coleslaw mix
- 2 cups loosely packed chopped butter or romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup prepared shredded carrots (if not in slaw mix)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small English cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup cooked and shelled edamame (I buy frozen)
- 2 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
Protein of choice to top – rotisserie chicken, grilled shrimp or salmon are my favs.
Garnish ideas – sesame seeds, peanuts, cilantro, wonton strips
- Add all of the dressing ingredients into blender or food processor and blend until combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add all of salad ingredients to large bowl and toss.
- When ready to serve, mix in dressing.
- Top with protein and garnish if desired.