After a two-year hiatus, BEC + BRIDGE will be back at Afterpay Australian Fashion Week (AAFW), this time headlining the event.
The Australian label, a favourite among celebrities including Selena Gomez, Emily Ratajkowski, Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid, will be presenting their Resort 22/23 collection at two shows on AAFW opening night, Monday, May 9.
Both held at Carriageworks in Eveleigh, Sydney, the home of Fashion Week, the shows will be a 7pm invite-only, while the second, an encore presentation at 8pm, will be open to the public.
“We are excited to return to the schedule this year to celebrate our 21 year anniversary, and share this special milestone with our industry friends and loyal customers,” says designers and managing directors Bec Cooper and Bridget Yorston.
“Australian Fashion Week is a great stage to propel domestic brands to a global audience, and we are honoured to be this year’s first headline designer runway show.”
This year marks the brand’s 15th Australian Fashion Week runway presentation since making their debut in 2004, a year after being established when they were invited to show in IMG’s Next Gen presentation.
“Bec and Bridget have inspired a generation of designers and fashion fans who have watched them achieve success on the global stage,” says Natalie Xenita, Vice President-Managing Director of IMG Fashion Events & Properties Asia Pacific. “This show is a fitting celebration of one of Australia’s most enduring and loved fashion brands.”
This year’s AAWF will take place Monday, May 9 to Friday, May 13, with a heap of events open to the public, including AAFW: The Talks, presented by Glenfiddich Whisky. The discussions include:
- Empowering Voices: Fashion’s Cultural Impact on Representation and Inclusion
- Digital Fashion: The New Frontier
- First Nations Fashion and Design: Yours, Mine and Ours
- Back of House
- Generation: NXT, presented by DHL, with Next Gen 2022’s four winning designers
- The Sustainable Business Journey, presented by City of Sydney
- AAFW: In Conversation With… presented by Shopify, a series of intimate discussions with some of the industry’s favourite designers including Anna Quan, bassike, Bianca Spender, GINGER & SMART and Michael Lo Sordo and Alyce Tran.
Consumer tickets for the encore presentation of BEC + BRIDGE presented by Afterpay are on sale now via aafw.com.au.