Instagram @lelabofragrances / Getty Images
Known for its unique scents created for your body and home, Le Labo fragrances offer some of the best buying experiences around. One of Le Labo’s most well-known offerings is its City Exclusives. Each year, the brand creates a number of scents based on cities around the world.
In 2021, Le Labo honoured 15 cities with exclusive scents designed to represent each individual place. What makes these fragrances all the more special is that you can only purchase them in the cities they were created for. Keen to try Gaiac 10, which is the Tokyo fragrance? Well, for 11 months of the year, you’d have to travel to Tokyo to get your hands on it.
Given that international travel is off the cards for Australians, there is another way. For the month of September, you can shop Le Labo’s City Exclusives ($449) in select MECCA stores including Mecca Cosmetica Claremont, MECCA Rundle Mall and Mecca Cosmetica Queens Plaza, as well as via Call and Collect at MECCA Doncaster and Mecca Cosmetica Toorak Road.
The offerings this year are as follows:
- CEDRAT 37 for Berlin: Featuring a delicate balance of cedrat and ginger, this is a fresh and acidic fragrance with a hint of candied sweetness.
- GAIAC 10 for Tokyo: With a formula built on gaiac wood, this scent has a woody musk thanks to the hints of cedar and olibanum.
- VANILLE 44 for Paris: Described as having a subtle “ambery, incensy, woody, sexy” smell, this sounds perfect for those missing the City of Love.
- TABAC 28 for Miami: With a smoky, seductive aroma that features tobacco and a cedarwood blend, this is a smooth scent for those who prefer something a little more sensual.
- CITRON 28 for Seoul: A mix and match of fresh ingredients including lemon, ginger and jasmine, combined with cedar and musks, Seoul’s fragrance is designed to be universally loved.
- MOUSSE DE CHENE 30 for Amsterdam: Moss, patchouli and clearwood are mixed with cinnamon, pigment bay and pink pepper spice to create a surprising yet reassuring scent.
- MUSC 25 for Los Angeles: Described as “white, angelic, very musky, aldehydic and so intensely luminous”, this genderless scent includes notes of vetiver, musk and civet to create Los Angeles in a bottle.
- BIGARADE 18 for Hong Kong: Bergamot and neroli petals are combined with “the best musks out there” as well as “a drop or two of woods” to create a fragrance with warm and dark notes.
- TUBEREUSE 40 for New York: With notes of bergamot, tangerine and orange flower, this fragrance starts as a bright scent that mellows into a woody floral heart.
- POIVRE 23 for London: A warm, spicy, ambery scent that contains notes of pepper, which according to Le Labo is the “spice of all spices”.
- BAIE ROSE 26 for Chicago: Pink pepper, clove, cedar and rose absolute from Grasse are combined to create an elegant and memorable smell.
- LIMETTE 37 for San Francisco: An ode to San Francisco, this is a fragrance that has a special journey. “You start off with a view, with bergamot’s freshness and light, before plunging into the warm and welcoming effects of jasmine, petit grain and clove that roll into luscious softness with vetiver, tonka beans and musks,” says Le Labo.
- BENJOIN 19 for Moscow: A powerful scent that contains olibanum, amber, cedar and musks that smells of sensuality and rebelliousness.
- CUIR 28 for Dubai: With notes of natural vanilla, leather and ambery, Dubai’s fragrance is powerfully dark.
- ALDEHYDE 44 for Dallas: A subtle floral composition that includes narcissus, jasmine and tuberose, this scent is finished off with a hint of vanilla and musk.
So, if you’ve been wanting to treat yourself to one of Le Labo’s stunning fragrances, now is the time.